Jefferson Education Accelerator is hiring a Project Director
Arlington, VA (preferred) or Charlottesville, VA
The Jefferson Education Accelerator (“JEA”), backed by the University of Virginia Curry School of Education Foundation (“UVA”), provides research and consulting services to growth stage education technology companies that serve K-12 and/or higher education institutions. JEA provides its clients with research guidance and management, including researcher selection and supervision, research site sourcing and support, and research reporting.
JEA is seeking a Project Director to lead a portfolio of research projects in association with UVA or other university-based faculty members and/or research teams focused on improving education outcomes for K-12 and higher education institutions. The Project Director will report to JEA’s Chief Academic Officer and work collaboratively with researchers, research sites, JEA clients, and partner organizations. The Project Director will be responsible for providing leadership and management that results in positive outcomes for JEA clients. This includes developing research proposals, managing multiple research engagements, supervising researchers, and writing project update reports. The Project Director will also assist the Chief Academic Officer and partners in research dissemination activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops long-range plans for client projects and oversees the execution of projects.
- Ensures projects progress according to plan.
- Oversees activities related to data collection and analysis.
- Supervises project staff or researchers, as applicable.
- Prepares grant/funding applications.
- Ensures compliance of research activities with institutional, state and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates.
- Prepares and presents regular project updates internally and with JEA clients.
- Strong quantitative skills required.
- Ability to supervise research of third party researchers/partners required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders required.
- Ability to explain project goals, progress and outcomes clearly, both verbally and in written reports required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present projects in a simple and straightforward way for non-technical audiences required.
- Exemplary project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant project management experience required.
- The successful candidate will have expertise in all aspects of project management.
- Preference will be given to those with proven experience leading successful research collaborations.
Submit a resume/CV and a cover letter briefly summarizing your research interests and interest in the position with JEA.